How do I know if I am eligible to apply?
Applicants must first be nominated by a current licensed professional landscape architect.
Nominated candidates must have a LAAB-accredited degree in landscape architect, and meet their applicable state requirements to sit for the Landscape Architect Registration Examination. Visit http://www.clarb.org/take-the-exam/check-eligibility to view individual state requirements.
What information do I need to provide on the grant application?
- Name, Firm, Expected Date of Exam, Sections to be completed.
- Tell us about yourself. Provide a brief bio and photo for website.
- Provide your supporter’s statement describing the reason for your nomination.
- Landscape architecture impacts the public through protection of health, safety, and welfare, preservation of natural resources, and management of our built and natural environments, as well as strengthening the social, cultural, and economic facets of our spaces. In 500 words or less, answer the following essay question:
How have your experiences with the profession and the places shaped by it demonstrated the value of licensure for landscape architects? And, how has this impacted your progression in the profession?
- What section of the exam are you working to complete?
- Are you registered for an upcoming exam? If so, which one?
Can you explain the judging criteria?
Winners will be selected by our judging panel made up of three licensed landscape architects who will evaluate each nomination form and application. Winners will be selected using the following criteria:
Technical Presentation (30%)
- Writing Mechanics & Quality (15%)
Grammar, Punctuation, Spelling, Vocabulary, etc.
- Organization (15%)
Structure, Flow, Introduction & Conclusion
- Relevance to Topic (20%)
Text demonstrates a clear understanding of the topic
- Clarity (20%)
Expresses well developed ideas & thoughts
- Personal Perspective (30%)
Integration of personal experiences and reflections into text.
How are the grants awarded?
Grant winners will be notified in February 2019, and publicly recognized on the Anova website and on social media. Each award will consist of $1,000 that must be used to fund, in part, his or her Landscape Architect Registration Examination during 2019.
$500 will be awarded to each winner upon receipt of exam registration. The remaining $500 will be awarded after receipt of passing one section of the exam. If a winner does not pass one section of the exam in 2019, the remaining $500 will not be awarded.
What if I fail the exam?
If you do not pass the exam in 2019, you will not receive the second payment of $500. You will only receive the initial $500 awarded upon receipt of your exam registration.
If you fail, you may choose to re-take the exam, and you may receive the second payment upon receipt of passing exam grade in 2019. You would be responsible for any costs associated with re-taking the exam, however.
When do I need to take the exam?
To receive the award, the exam must be taken during 2019. To register, visit:
How many sections of the exam do I need to pass?
The L.A.R.E. is made up of four (4) sections. To receive the second payment of $500, you only have to pass one (1) section in 2019.
Still have questions? Email us at 2019LAREgrant@anovafurnishings.com.
PROUDLY SPONSORED BY